Sunday was such a fun day!! It's still weird that we honor the Sabbath on Satu

rday and play on Sunday, but so it is. We went to Ein Karem (the supposed birth place of John the Baptist). The Church of St. John and Church of Visitation were beautiful, we went to a little art gallery in someone's house, hiked through the wilderness and saw the Chagall windows in some random wing of a hospital at the top of a huge hill (apparently they're world famous and th

ey were pretty cool, but it seemed strange to have them in a synagogue in the back corner of a hospital in a tiny town). It was a quiet little town, totally different from Jerusalem and the landscape was absolutely beautiful!
I took modeling pictures on the top of our wilderness climb for Kimberly. We took a lot of timer pictures on that rock as well. My camera takes 3 pictures in a row when you set t

he timer, so we had pictures of us all climbing onto the rock and the such. They turned out pretty cool, but this one is my favorite with Daniel pretending to break his leg. He's a nut, but I enjoy him. The picture in the arches with Karen and on the stairs with Rachelle are both at the Church of Visitation. They're fun girls. If Rachelle's still around when Jason gets home....
We took a few vans out to Ein Karem and it was insane. The people here drive so crazy. I just try to distract myself. Everyone loves their horns too. They like to honk at us because we're Mormons or Americans or girls or something, but they also honk at each other. The saying here is "The speed of sound is faster than the speed of light" because people start honking at each other just before the light changes if they're not movi

ng yet. I don't know how they know when that is.. it's like a

6th sense they have. Or perhaps it's just their 5th sense, I don't think anyone here has a sense of smell. I wish that this was a smell-o-blog because the experience just isn't complete without the smells of this place. Some are good, most are bad, and all are questionable but it makes the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment