We can't believe we're in Egypt!! So excited to see the pyramids!... and mocking everyone else's photos just a bit...
All the other girls kissed the sphinx. I didn't think that was appropriate, so I picked his nose!
I've been trying to teach everyone that squatting down and not cutting off people's feet makes photos so much better. They always make fun of me, but this is evidence- great shot! And the step pyramid is cool too. 3rd dynasty in Egypt, precursor to the great pyramids, cousin of the previously posted spice pyramid.
Oh yeah, I did take this picture. I couldn't help it.
Las Vegas has got nothing on this!
I get kind of sick of myself in all the pictures, and making people take them for me, so if there are people already posed in front of something I just take the picture of them, especially if they're Asian tourists. Somehow that just really adds to the effect.
And sometimes I feel a need to be in photos. We literally had to throw 2 people out of the shot to get this roommate picture (I mean literally). Mandy's response: "We're so cool. We kick people out of pictures." I'm not sure if that's going to make us a lot of friends, but it is a good picture (kind of) and we made peace.
Swine Flu- take it seriously! Courtesy of Mandy; she loves taking these pictures.
Jason and Tyler ought to be proud of this one. Good thing Mandy has a good looking nose!
Group yoga session... Be the pyramid.
And this is what it looks like from the other side. I quite prefer this angle. Mandy again... she doesn't take very many photos, but the ones she does take are always brilliant! This reminds me a bit too much of the PJ Christmas tree tradition (count your blessings if you don't know what that means... if you ever marry into the family, you'll learn!)
This is a winning shot! Mandy is the star of the day.
And this is what it looks like from the proper angle.
This is in the airport flying from Cairo to Luxor. I loved Andy's outfit (he wore that shirt tied around his neck all day after he bought it) so I took a picture and then he said, "Oh wait, I should be winking. Take another one." I'm not really sure what he meant by that, but I guess he was right. Very funny guy. My first impression was that he is very solid and totally down the line, which is true but then he breaks out his break dancing and beat boxing skills and we saw some rhythmic gymnastics the other night with a scarf. He's a mystery, but never boring.
That pretty much covers the day. We couldn't get visas to get into Egypt if we were students, we had to go a "Tourists on an Educational Experience". We got the tourist part down!
Students.....r-i-g-h-t. No wonder Egypt only has tourist visas!
ReplyDeletei absolutely LOVE the picture of the man "holding" the pyramid from the wrong angle. that one wins.
ReplyDeleteWe like your blog. Keep up the good work!
-Shanan, Becky and lots of kids-