Welcome to the Biblical Zoo! The only thing 'Biblical' about this zoo is this ark in the very back of the park, but it's always a good marketing move to throw 'Biblical' in front of anything in the Holy Land. So, pretty much it was just a zoo, but I loved it! I was shocked at how excited I was to be there. We were all running around like little kids, but with no parents to tell us to calm down and act normal...
or to be nice. Everyone wore blue except Mandy- we had no choice but to laugh at her.
These boy also could have used parents. They were on a school field trip and they were throwing rocks and the brown bears. Their teacher was standing in the middle, with a big gun as usual, just watching them. It was weird. So we told them to stop. I doubt they understood the English, but they definitely understood the shaking fists. Just kidding.
We had a competition to see who could look most like the animals. I'll let you be the judge.
Chipmunks.
Penguins.
Elephants.
Fish without eyes.
Flamingos.
We didn't even try to imitate this one, but it's a cool looking bird.
We had lunch with the zebras, giraffes, gazelles and hippo.
And we nearly got eaten by a rhinoceros.
After the zoo we went to the Israeli Museum and saw the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit and one called 'Bizarre Perfection' which was pretty much a lot of wasted time displayed in a beautiful fashion. One of the pieces was a life size kitchen made completely out of tiny sparkly beads. It was cool, but I don't have that kind of patience. Sorry, camera's weren't allowed.
We did find some other forms of art on the way home.
And they spoke truth to us.
And Rachel and I ate Israeli pizza, and loved it! I think pizza and chocolate are a necessary part of any cultural experience because every country has them but they're always unique. This pizza had a sesame seed crust- Alison and Jim may want to consider this. It was amazing!
Ohhhh man, hippos give me chronic giggles! Awesome day at the zoo
ReplyDelete