Cameras aren't allowed at the Cairo museum, so I have nothing to show from that, but it was awesome! I LOVED the mummy rooms! It was so cool to see ancient dead guys. I've been learning about these Pharaohs, and suddenly there was just a piece of glass between me and them. Kind of gross, but I liked it. We didn't have nearly enough time at the museum, but it was sweet. And then...
Lunch at the Hard Rock! Strange on the 'Sabbath' but definitely fun.
Random dance party to 'YMCA' in the middle of lunch. I hate dance parties- trying to come up with dance moves (which you don't have) on the spot is a severe anxiety attack. This one was pretty fun though.
Heather had never had a hamburger before.... NEVER. What kind of American? We were planning on being best friends, but I'm starting to rethink things. She did at least try it though. That's a step in the right direction. And it was pretty nasty, especially since we weren't able to eat fruits or vegetables in Egypt so we couldn't put any lettuce or tomatoes on it. So, we'll have to find a good one somewhere and give her another chance. She is one of the coolest people I've ever met- the kind that you feel like you've known for years- so I guess it's worth keeping her around.
Why is it so funny to be eating in pictures?!... Oh, because Isaac didn't get his food. It came eventually, so that makes it okay to laugh at him.
The Egyptian Bazaar. I'm not educated enough in smoking and the such to know what a bong is used for, but I know there are always men puffing them in the Old City and there are whole stores unabashedly dedicated to selling them.
It took me about 2 minutes to get sick of shopping, so I decided to go check out the town.
With Ian. He's an Esplin, so we claim him as a cousin. We saw a few mosques, met some local Muslims and walked through the sketchy local market. It's strange to feel immodest here. I wasn't allowed in the mosque because I wasn't covered enough- my elbows and my hair were showing. It's going to be quite the culture shock.
We came on the train for Luxor back to Cairo so I got another chance to take this picture. This is the Church (mosque more likely) that had a pole in front of it in my last attempt. I'm really not sure what it is, but it's beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment