Andrew Skinner gave a sweet lecture on the Dead Sea scrolls, which I will see soon when I go to the Israeli Museum. Governor Huntsman came a few days later and talked about the incredible blessing it is to be here (which is so true. I think about that everyday. I can't believe I'm actually here. It's incredible!). And tonight we had a fireside with Larry Catcher who was called in April as an area 70. He served as mission president in Geneva, Switzerland and now he and his wife Pauline live with their lonely 16 year old daughter (the other 5 are older and moved out, just like Kimmy) in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates working with the Church there. That would be such a sweet life! And they're wonderful people. I sat next to Sister Catcher during the fireside. She is super sweet, and she showed me where she tore her nylons today climbing through the rose bushes to try to get a better picture. Sounds like something Mom would do!
Today was just fabulous! I love the Sabbath here. We had 3 musical numbers during sacrament meeting today and 2 during the fireside and they were all phenomenal! There are so many talented people here. Andy and Mariah sang "If You Could Hie to Kolob" with their dad. That was really cool. Seeing those two together always makes me wish that Jason was here, but their parents have been here this last week as well and that really makes me miss the fam. I don't wish that me, Jason and Dad sang a song together because that would be a painful experience for everyone but I do wish that you guys could all be here with me. It's incredible to go to church and then walk to the Garden Tomb. I love it here!
No comments:
Post a Comment