Saturday, May 16, 2009

Random Pictures and the Such

We leave for Egypt tomorrow! To prepare myself to see the Great Pyramids of Giza, I went to the Old City with Cary to see the Great Pyramids of spice. We're not allowed to eat anything that's uncooked there, so I bought some gummies from the sketchy looking shops in the Old City. Everyone has been eating them and no one's sick yet, and they're so delicious! I love gummy candy! I got some apples and dried apricots too. It's fun to go out on errands- it makes me feel legit like I actually live here.

I had to do laundry so I'd have clothes to wear in Egypt, so Mandy and I put a load in before we went to the gym yesterday morning, then switched them before breakfast, then showered and tried to get dressed but all of our clothes were in the dryer. So, I put on the only things I had out- an olive tree shirt that I bought in town (there's one guy who makes BYU Jerusalem shirts just to sell to us) and my gray skirt that apparently was also being sold at the Bookstore. It was a terrible combination, but there's no one to impress here. But then Brigitte (like from the Sound of Music) was wearing the exact same thing, and she was serious about it so I guess it's not that bad of an outfit. What do I know?!

The picture of me in front of the city is taken from Orson Hyde Gardens, dedicated to him because he dedicated the Holy Land for the return of the Jews. That was another Sabbath outting. And the ant picture is taken for Jeremy because he loves ants! And I was practicing the photography skills that Jason taught me with close-ups.

Well, off to Egypt! I won't have phone or internet for the next week but I love you all and I'll put pictures up when I get back of me riding a camel and in front of pyramids and the such!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome ant photo! The one on the right looks like a major - they are the big ones that pretty much act like soldiers. If you see any more of these and you want to kill one and bring it home, that would be great.

    Have fun in Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We (meaning the WHOLE family) went to the ranch this weekend. It was a lot of fun, but I just wanted you to know that we thought of you and missed you. The family doesn't feel "complete" without you there, but we are glad you are "living the dream" and that you are not permanently living far far away.:) Hope you are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete