Sunday, June 21, 2009

Egyptian Dance Party


Needless to say, I won the costume competition at the dance party- at least I won the 'papyrus award'. I'm not sure what that means since I was the only one wearing papyrus. But I wore it well, obviously. When I was in Egypt one day I was trying to get back on the bus, feeling like I wanted to die and this Egyptian man would not get out of my face trying to sell me papyrus paintings. I didn't even respond, but he kept haggling with himself. Finally he offered "15 for $5" and I stopped and thought, that's 33 cents each, that's a good deal! So I bought them. Then I got on the bus and realized I didn't want them. I made good use of them though, and you'll probably each get one when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment