I see the Dome of the Rock from a distance everyday, but it is so much more spectacular close up! What a beautiful architectural masterpiece!
Beautiful things ought to go together...
I love the temple mount! This one was of the most powerful experiences for me. I was mostly just excited to see the Dome of the Rock close up, but as soon as I stepped on the temple mount the Spirit hit me unexpectedly. I took Aunt Julie's advice to be in tune with the Spirit and make sure I'm soaking in everything I can instead of just being on vacation. So I took some time to walk around the temple mount by myself and think about the sacred events that transpired here. Even though it is so different than it was when Christ was here, it is still a holy place.
I've really missed the temple- even more than Mexican food, just less than the family and about tied with water skiing. It was great to be in such a beautiful holy place where Christ has been. It's not the same, but the Spirit's the same and it was a very powerful experience for me.
Even though the Jews don't believe in Jesus Christ, they understand the holiness of the temple. That is obvious to me every time I see the Western Wall. They really are good people, doing the best they can with the truth that they have. And they are devoted to God, even if they don't fully understand His nature and His plan. I feel a bit guilty every time I see this. I have the fullness of the truth. I ought to be even more devoted and do even more good.
This is the Burnt House Museum, close to the temple mount. It looked like everything in the museum was also on this poster, so this was the way to go. I was much happier just taking a picture with the poster and saving 15 odd shekels.
No comments:
Post a Comment