Sunday, June 21, 2009

Whereas I was Blind

This is where the pool of Siloam used to be (see John 9). I wrote this poem from the perspective of the blind man who was healed there. We're headed to Jordan in 25 minutes, so I'll be there for the next 4 days, then finish the update since Egypt. Shalom until then!



So many other passed me by
Such lonely darkness was my life.
Blind since birth, I knew not light.
My life was one unending night.
Then One that is called Jesus came
He paused and He perceived my pain
He saw me though I could not see Him
and said my blindness came not from sin.
He spat upon the ground, made clay
I felt His hands upon my face.
My eyes annointed with this earth
These eyes had never seen since birth
But with obedience to His law
I washed them in Siloam and saw.
With light and color, life was new
This Man's promise proven true.
I was healed but He was not there.
Who was this Man who had shown such care?
And why did others tell such lies
Why was I questioned and despised?
Yet I spoke the truth, though cast out
I could see; I could not doubt.
Now with sight but alone again
Until He came. I was found by Him.
He told me that He was God's Son
I knew the Messiah had finally come.
Now I see, whereas I was blind
I've found the Savior of mankind.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lisa, what a great blog! I happily spent the last hour vicariously enjoying your adventures and your great personality. And your poetry is especially beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

    I'd say "have a great time" but apparently you already thought of that. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete