I know I have left you all hanging for months without finishing the narrative of my Israeli adventures. But here they come. My project of Christmas break is to finish writing about the last month of our travels. That time was focused especially on the life of the Savior, so Christmas time is a perfect time to write about it... that's why I made you wait for it!
Mixed in with the spirituality, there was also a lot of fun.... such as this night at the Oscars. There were about 15 movies made by the students, professors and service couples. We filmed at Petra, in the old city, around the center and etc. then dressed up and watched the awesome films!

These are the roommates. You'd hardly recognize us because we're not wearing the usual skirt, chacos and t-shirt combo; and because Jessica's wearing a trashbag as a dress; and Mandy looks like a hippie. But this is as close to formal attire as this group is going to get! [Kristen Shuel is on the left. She put her mission papers in shortly after we got home and is going to Torin, Italy!!]

Alex and Raven Alard are a hilarious brother/sister duo. They were our announcer type people for the Oscar awards. We're Mormon, so of course everyone got an award.

Brother Brown was our bouncer. This is Brother Brown as in Brother S. Kent Brown, leading member of FARMS and director of the Jerusalem Center. He is hysterical.

This is a terrible picture, but proof that I won an Oscar! I was in 3 different films. I'll post them if I can find the missing DVD that they are on.
No comments:
Post a Comment