Wednesday, May 13, 2009

B-day Bash!

Tonight was SO fun! Mandy, Megan and Steven celebrated my birthday with me. (Steven is the photographer for most of the photos). We went to an orchestra concert thinking that it was Vivaldi Four Seasons but it turned out to not be that at all. There was an orchestra, but the stage was decorated with weird looking orange headed men and there were kids all over the place. Apparently it was a kids concert and they performed songs and dances with the orchestra. I have no idea what the theme of the night was-- we had people with giant orange heads (as seen), ballerinas wearing bright orange garbage bags as costumes, pirates, dancers acting out a war scene, and a wedding. I see no connection between those, but it was a fun experience.
West Jerusalem is super modern and absolutely beautiful! There are modern art sculptures all over the place, which inspired us to make ourselves into modern art... kind of. Once we failed at that, we ate a delicious meal at The Coffee Shop and then ate gelatto. There is no better way to celebrate a birthday than with chocolate and mango gelatto while swinging on a swing... except water skiing with the fam. I miss you guys. Thanks for all of the nice emails today!

2 comments:

  1. I so want an adventure like you are on Lisa!!!!...............someday it'll happen...but it won't be the same because I am already married with a kid....so when I go I will be the old foagie having an adventure---I am still excited for it though! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you'll still love it! And make sure when you make it to Jerusalem that you don't miss out on the giant orange head orchestra performance.. it's a must see!

    ReplyDelete