In this garden now I sit, the place where Mary knelt
The empty tomb she saw, I see and feel what she has felt.
Beaten, stripped and scourged, pierced through hands and feet
Christ gave His life on Calvary, His mission here complete.
His bruised and bloody body then taken from the tree
Laid in the silent, borrowed tomb by friends so lovingly.
The heavens and the earth cried out, echoing mortal tears
Consuming darkness crushed the glowing hope of all the years.
The King of Kings was slain, was dead. His body lifeless lain
Three days the tomb was silent. Three days the stone remained.
But light o'ercame the darkness; salvation conquered sin
A body once laid down in death was taken up again.
His miraculous birth in Bethlehem, life came forth from a cave
This tomb cave too brought forth His life, victorious o'er the grave.
There Mary saw her Master, and knew what I now know
He is not here for He is risen. He lives forever more.
The consequence of Adam's sin will take me to the grave
But I too will come forth again through Him with pow'r to save.
He gave His life, He paid my price; He died and yet He lives.
That I, cleansed from my sin by blood, forever may be His.
Lisa, that is beautiful. You really are talented. I look forward to more poems!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that poem, Lisa. That is so great that you got to contemplate and write that poem in that amazing place. It is a beautiful message.
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad Foote always talk about how good your poems are--they use them in talks or lessons sometimes I think, and I always wish I could hear them too! I am really glad I got to read that one, and I hope I get to read more. Thanks for sharing your talents with us. You'll have to teach me everything you learned!
What a beautiful poem Lis! Thank you for sharing your testimony in that poem. I loved it. Is it ok if I copy it and put it in my quote book?
ReplyDelete